[lbo-talk] The machine hive mind of the right

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Mon Nov 10 14:27:40 PST 2003

Quoting Curtiss Leung <curtiss_leung at ibi.com>:

> Yes, I saw it. Yes, I was extremely disappointed. Then I went to
> see _The Seven Samurai_. If you need to see a grand battle
> in the rain, you might as well go with that one. And you know
> that Kikuchiyo isn't going to broker some lame deal with the bandits.

It's worse than that. The final Smith vs. Neo fight was about as interesting as watching asparagus grow -- not even close to, say, the finale between Goku and Frieza in "Dragonball Z", or even an average Godzilla vs. Mothra monster mash. No bullet-time, no interesting shots, no data-splash, and finally just no point at all. It ends up as just another high-tech war film with metallic heroes and wooden dialogue.

-- DRR