[lbo-talk] Why not Lieberman?

Curtiss Leung curtiss_leung at ibi.com
Tue Nov 11 17:53:39 PST 2003

Max:

Agreed that Lieberman is not as right/center than he tries to portray himself, but don't you think that's a serious problem in itself? He's playing a part in keeping liberal/left ideas off limits for open discussion, and he'd have to spin his senate voting record really, really hard if he ever made it to the general election.

I still squirm when I remember Dukakis' stupid "The L-word is Leadership" response to Bush 41. Thanks for joining with Bush the Elder to render a huge range of political positions unfit for polite discussion, you numbskull. And last time around we had Joe telling us that the constitution granted us freedom of religion, not freedom FROM religion. What next? Pro-life Dems? -- Curtiss