[lbo-talk] crazy? No, actually.

boddhisatva boddhisatva at netzero.net
Wed Oct 8 15:47:41 PDT 2003

Comrade Dean wrote:

"They had the Democratic chair leader of the California legislature(?) talking about what these results mean. He says that the Dems are too far left and they need to take a hard look at their policies.

Oy."

Oy indeed. I really can't take too much more from these f#&king Democrats. I really can't. They are politically stupid to an extent that is just offensive.

The Democrats should move right?

Ask Max Cleland how that worked out for him.

But what about a Republican triangulation strategy? Hmmm, let's think about a political map, shall we? It's all red in the center but still a bit blue around the edges. Well, let's see, if we were Republicans how would we get those blue states to turn red? Well, what about the idea of running pro-choice Republicans? Okay, how has that worked in the past? New York - Pataki. New Jersey - Whitman. California - Scwarzenegger. New York City (for Pete's sake) Giuliani and Bloomberg.

Yeah, if I were running the Democrats I would hurry up and start polarizing the electorate before the damn Republicans realize just how well triangulation would work for *them*. I bet that if Scwarzenegger had taken a "No" position on initiative 54, he would have gained at least two Dem votes for every Repug vote that he lost and the piece of crap initiative was going to lose anyway.

Switching gears, I will say now that the California election demands that everybody on this list become a Howard Dean supporter. Why? Because of his stance on the issues? No. To beat Bush? No. To beat Terry McAuliffe. You cannot beat the Republicans unless you beat the Republicans inside the Democratic party first.

peace,

boddi