[lbo-talk] Re: Strauss, Bloom, and Rashomon

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Tue Oct 14 00:35:16 PDT 2003

Heh, Chuck...here is so more since you mentioned Carl Schmitt. http://www.nybooks.com/authors/66

The Reckless Mind is a study of how a number of important twentieth- century European intellectuals came to support tyrannical regimes and totalitarian political ideas. http://www.nybooks.com/articles/1158 Carl Schmitt and Leo Strauss: The Hidden Dialogue by Heinrich Meier, translated by J. Harvey Lomax, foreword by Joseph Cropsey

http://www.angelfire.com/biz/telospress/contents72.html

Interrogation of Carl Schmitt by Robert Kempner (I-III) Carl Schmitt: On Grossraum, The Hitler Regime, and Collaboration (I-III); Answers to Allegations.

Re: Bendersky in Telos, Kevin Coogan highly recommends his book on anti- semitism in the U.S. military. G.L. Ulmen has some intriguing interviews w. Wittfogel in another issue of Telos.

Chantal Mouffe-The Challenge of Carl Schmitt.

http://www.versobooks.com/books/ab/b-titles/balakrishnan_schmitt.shtml

And...Johnathan Winters http://store.yahoo.com/laughstore/jonwinwonwor.html once in a manic phase once climbed up a phone pole at Fisherman Wharf in S.F. Fire dept. got him down and 5150'ed him.

Another S.F. story, when in a cheap North Beach hotel, Lenny Bruce fell out of the window. Was so abusive to the ambulance attendents they used black electricians tape to shut him up.