[lbo-talk] Slinging California mud onto Wetbacks?

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Tue Oct 14 06:16:12 PDT 2003

There's a literature on whether immigrants cost more in public services than they pay in taxes. I've heard of papers that go both ways.

Here are some from the racist side:

http://www.vdare.com/francis/ca_budget.htm

http://www.pacificresearch.org/pub/cap/2003/cap_03-09-25.html

There's a lot more racist stuff you can find if you google 'immigrants budget California'

I didn't see any from the other side. Looks like that would be a worthy project for someone.

max

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-admin at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-admin at lbo-talk.org]On Behalf Of boddhisatva Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2003 5:59 AM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: [lbo-talk] Slinging California mud onto Wetbacks?

Comrades,

I have noticed in the conservative press a line of argument that suggests it is illegal aliens and their children who are responsible for California's deficit. Now obviously this is an abonimable argument and the back of my envelope says it cannot be true. However, my fear is that the argument comes from some piece of data or some article or paper that I can't find. Does anybody know what this line of "reasoning" might be based on?

Please, no analysis of the motives behind the argument. Those are obvious enough. I am searching for the pieces of data that are being twisted.

thanks,

boddi