[lbo-talk] Soros vs. America

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Oct 21 08:52:30 PDT 2003

[via nettime - anyone sub to Fortune who can get the full article?]

A good article on George Soros with extra details to help us Americans understand more about his history:

Soros has just committed $10 million of his own money to an

effort to drum up support for Democrats in key states,

immediately becoming one of the biggest individual donors to

next year's electoral race. In September he staged a

fundraiser for former Vermont governor Howard Dean. And after

years of writing moderate, carefully argued - and not very

influential - tracts about the international economy, he is now

almost ready to publish a very different kind of work, a book

to be called The Bubble of American Supremacy. It's a no-

holds- barred attack on what he sees as the hubris of American

policy. "I've come to the conclusion," Soros told FORTUNE,

"that one can do a lot more about the issues I care about by

changing the government than by pushing the issues." In short,

he has become the world's angriest billionaire.

http://www.fortune.com/fortune/subs/article/0,15114,517653,00.html