[lbo-talk] RE: Film Notes

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Fri Oct 24 11:53:04 PDT 2003

I never think of spectator sports as sports; I think of sports as something you do because you enjoy it. On the other hand, I can think of lots of perfectly good reasons why someone would want to go watch a baseball game. IT's relaxing, it's social, it's a little soap opera all by itself.

I think Chomsky and other leftists have a good point about how sports are used to hypnotize the masses; but there's a good deal more to sports than that, and it's silly not to recognize it.

Joanna