[lbo-talk] Chomsky on Foucault

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Mon Sep 1 10:15:11 PDT 2003

> What exactly of Foucault's ideas did you
> want to know somjething about? He wrote a lot about a
> lot of topics? Was there something in particular that
> puzzled you, or did you want the whole thing inm a
> paragraph? jks

I don't know much about his ideas to begin with, so a specific request is pointless. I suppose I want someone to explain F's importance in language I can understand. I've watched his exchange with Chomsky several times, and each time F simply lost me. It seems he engaged in a form of techno-speak, understood by the Smart Ones or those otherwise "inside," but to me it sounds like verbal wanking.

DP