[lbo-talk] RE: 77% of Americans support the cretinous judge

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Wed Sep 3 10:03:03 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, September 3, 2003, at 11:33 AM, C. G. Estabrook wrote:

> Then a number of interesting people are guilty of the same crime. Cf.
> Thos. Jefferson & friends, good Enlightenment liberals, who wrote in the
> summer of 1776 that the independence of the American states was founded
> upon the laws of God -- indeed, that it was "self-evident" that people
> are
> "endowed by their Creator" with fundamental rights. --CGE

American history really ought to be taught better.

The "Founding Fathers" who used this kind of God-talk were mostly *deists* (look up the word in a dictionary) -- very far indeed from the know-nothing Judge-Moore-loving idiots we have to contend with today.

Over and over, we hear this historically mistaken crap that "our nation's founders were Christians, so this is a Christian nation." Please, let's not have leftists falling into the same trap.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org ________________________________ How good bad music and bad reasons sound when we march against an enemy. -- Nietzsche