[lbo-talk] RE: 77% of Americans support the cretinous judge

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Sep 3 11:07:56 PDT 2003

Jon Johanning wrote:

> American history really ought to be taught better.
>
> The "Founding Fathers" who used this kind of God-talk were mostly
> *deists* (look up the word in a dictionary) -- very far indeed from the
> know-nothing Judge-Moore-loving idiots we have to contend with today.
>
> Over and over, we hear this historically mistaken crap that "our
> nation's founders were Christians, so this is a Christian nation."
> Please, let's not have leftists falling into the same trap.

Yeah, I've been wondering why the usual gang of progressive pundits haven't been challenging this nonsense.

I would make additional arguments about the fact that the U.S. was a deeply divided country at its founding and that most of American citizens had zero input into the political stuff that "founded" the US.

Chuck0