[lbo-talk] Why Democrats Can't Blame Bush for 9/11

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Apr 12 14:28:29 PDT 2004

Nathan Newman wrote:

>So I think the American people have this one right. Don't play blame games
>for 911 itself-- have a real debate about what we should have done and need
>to do now to protect Americans from terrorism in the future.

Oh, there's something so exasperating about American "niceness" sometimes. Don't blame Bush, don't get too personal, let's be constructive, let's not look back, etc. It makes me want to scream. It's just the kind of contentless idiocy that Alan Wolfe celebrated in his stupid book on the American middle class. Meanwhile, while we're all being nice and positive, our military is slicing people in half by the hundreds. Lovely.

Doug