[lbo-talk] mirroring the CIA

Gregory Lipman gregory.l at mazdaace.co.jp
Wed Apr 14 00:53:07 PDT 2004

R wrote: sources from the DEA have been saying for a long time that the entire police force of mexico is connected to drug dealers. also, the military

----------------------------------------------- Also the government....Ex-Presidente Carlos Salinas' brother is in jail on, shoot I forget, was it conspiracy to commit murder or the 100 million he had stashed in Swiss bank accounts. Carlitos is still in exile, I think.

These stories have been coming out forever. I remember the story of a drug plane landing in Veracruz coming under fire from Mexican army troops on the ground. Uniformed men on the plane returned fire. The uniformed men turned out to be Federal police. Can't remember all the various explanations and theories about that one. Then there's the Mexican General who was caught on tape making deals with Narcos a few months after the US drug czar (Mccafferty, a general himself) had just been in Mexico City praising him.

What exactly do people think hearing these stories and then hearing about "the war on drugs"? If it wasn't for "the war on terrorism", would we have invaded Mexico? Grab their oil too! (jes' jokin')

Greg Lipman