[lbo-talk] "I Had an Abortion"

Gary? sladeg at verizon.net
Wed Aug 4 23:20:38 PDT 2004

Liza Featherstone wrote:

> Engels observed that control over women's reproduction is central
> to patriarchy - but you obviously don't care about that. What you are saying
> is that it's OK for women to be little more than human incubators, and that
> sometimes they can be relieved from incubator duty if it just seems too
> cruel and extreme. Essentially you think human freedom itself is "trivial."

you've raised a very important point . Engels observation was of a fast industrialising Europe fueled by the cheap labour of men women and children. We started to move away from the exploitation of women and children, humane laws were enacted. We have since been fighting for the working man, safety on the job, fair wages, unionisation. We've seen the break up of the unions and a weakening of labour laws. Women have been encouraged to find fulfillment in the work place, why, because they're cheaper. What is the one problem with employing women, pregnancy and children. You think you are exercising control ? We are forced to accept death and injury in the workplace, lives becoming statistics and now we are encouraging the view that abortion is nothing . The degradation of the worker's life is complete.

Gary? ride si sapis