[lbo-talk] The Importance of Disenfranchising Nader/Camejo Voters

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Aug 10 14:14:14 PDT 2004

>[lbo-talk] The Importance of Disenfranchising Nader/Camejo Voters
>mike larkin mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com
<snip>
>>Those who aid and abet the Democratic Party's crime of excluding
>>Nader from the ballots and disenfranchising working-class voters on
>>the left are committing the same crime as those who aid and abet
>>the disenfranchisement of working-class voters -- especially
>>working-class Black voters -- through criminal disenfranchisement
>>laws......
>
>Whatever it takes to keep Nader off the ballot in battleground
>states, I'm for it. I'll burn the signature cards myself.

Massachusetts is not a battleground state, according to <http://www.electoral-vote.com/> or anything else. It's a one-party state with 12 electors where the Democratic Party dominates (Kerry 56%, Bush 30%, Nader 3%, according to the Center for Public Opinion, July 28, <http://www.electoral-vote.com/>).

It is, however, of utmost importance for the Democratic Party elite to disenfranchise Nader/Camejo supporters everywhere. The Democratic Party elite would rather see them stay home or vote for Bush than vote for Nader/Camejo. If one of the collateral damages of disenfranchisement of Nader/Camejo supporters is fewer votes for some Democratic candidates down-the-ticket, so be it.

And that's the SOP, not just this year, but as long as the Democratic Party will exist. The Democratic Party elite would rather lose to the Republicans than allow voters on the left -- this year 2-5% according to the Gallup polls, slightly better than in 2-4% in 2000 <http://montages.blogspot.com/2004/08/nader-2004-nader-2000.html> -- to exercise their voting rights, because their have immeasurably more in common with the Republicans than voters on the left. More precisely, they see the Republicans as their mates at work and voters on the left, as subhuman enemies. -- Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/> * Greens for Nader: <http://greensfornader.net/> * Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>