[lbo-talk] come out come out or I'll BLOOOOWWWWW your house in!!

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Fri Aug 13 15:28:55 PDT 2004

Poland says 20 soldiers surrounded by Iraq militants 13 Aug 2004 17:33:34 GMT WARSAW, Aug 13 (Reuters) - A group of 20 Polish soldiers have been surrounded by several hundred militants loyal to Shi'ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr at a police station in Hilla, southern Iraq, a Polish military spokesman said on Friday.

"Our soldiers were helping the Iraqi police, when their post was surrounded. Negotiations with the militant forces are under way, but there is no shooting going on," Polish General Staff spokesman Colonel Zdzislaw Gnatowski said.