[lbo-talk] Bush as sex fantasy

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Aug 28 15:10:28 PDT 2004

2004-08-26 - <http://www.ncbuy.com/news/category_weirdnews.html>

Sex Toy Fans Pick Bush As Top Fantasy Bedroom Buddy

NEW YORK (Wireless Flash) -- George W. Bush may be a conservative, but he has liberal sex appeal with the ladies.

Case in point: He's the presidential candidate that women most want to bed, according to a survey by an online sex toy company.

Forty-five percent of the 1000 proud sex toy fans who answered the MyPleasure.com poll chose Bush, compared to 33 percent who prefer John Kerry as their fantasy bedroom buddy.

As for vice-presidential candidates, John Edwards gets the motor revving for 18 percent of the women polled, while Dick Cheney brings up the rear with only 3.5 percent.

You may find it unusual that sex toy users pick a conservative as their ultimate presidential sex partner, and you're not alone.

MyPleasure.com founder/sexologist Sandor Gardos admits surprise at the survey results, adding: "We assumed the sex toy buying audience might lean to the left politically. Clearly, we were wrong. It just goes to show you, whether you are Republican or Democrat, everyone loves sex."

(I want to know what kind of woman would choose Dick Cheney as her "fantasy bedroom buddy"? Maybe it's the sneer. Or the pacemaker.)