[lbo-talk] The Argument from Design and Polytheism (Was: The "A"lives, apparently

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 18 08:07:50 PST 2004

--- Jon Johanning <zenner41 at mac.com> wrote: This assumes, in the first place, that this question makes sense. As far as I can see, that is highly dubious. What would a world, or a reality, in which there was absolutely nothing, look like? Is it possible? If a completely empty reality -- a reality that exists, but has nothing *in* it -- is inconceivable, then this question answers itself: there is something because it couldn't be otherwise.

---

This is pure solipsism. I can't imagine the world without myself in it either. Doesn't mean I'm not going to die (that is, be nothing, assuming there's no afterlife).

===== Nu, zayats, pogodi!