[lbo-talk] Re: plagarism watch

Jon Johanning zenner41 at mac.com
Sat Dec 25 12:36:27 PST 2004

On Dec 24, 2004, at 9:03 PM, ravi wrote:

> i have learnt more from this thread (on a thus far free mailing list)
> than i did in the few months that i was foolish enough to give the new
> york times (and other print media) money to receive trash.

I learn a lot from this list, too, both from the posts themselves and from the references to Web sites, books, etc., in them. But it is interesting that some of these references are to the Times itself, as well as the Wash. Post, LA Times, and other "capitalist, imperialist running-dog bird-cage lining," as one might describe them.

In fact, while these periodicals are far from perfect from the political point of view, they do convey a certain amount of useful information, so they cannot be completely dismissed. And I must admit that good old Tom Friedman is getting funnier day by day. With him, they don't need a comics page at all.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org _____________________________ "Simply by being human we do not have a common bond. For all we share with all other humans is the same thing we share with all other animals -- the ability to feel pain." -- Richard Rorty