[lbo-talk] Kerry: America First!

Curtiss Leung curtiss_leung at ibi.com
Thu Feb 5 11:51:13 PST 2004

On the difference between Dems and Repubs: except for Kucinich, on Iraq and related matters, esp. the Patriot Act,it looks like the differences are indeed small. Obviously greater difference in taxes and fiscal policy, but is there any Dem who's talking about stimulative federal spending? Maybe not in those terms, but...balancing the budget, invoking the grand memory of the Clinton bugdet surplus seems to be the order of the day.

Biggest difference is probably health care. I looked over Kerry's health care proposals a while back. Can't remember the details, but it seemed decent, and there was a lot more there than on Edwards' web site. Dean may have been better than Kerry (and if I remember Max's weblog on this, Gerhardt better than that), but that's a dead letter now.

Curtiss