[lbo-talk] Bachelors, Divorcees, & Frumpy Wives (Kerry: America First!)

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Fri Feb 6 11:32:29 PST 2004

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org, Fri Feb 6 11:13:43 PST 2004:

>>On the whole, the left has done better in glamor contests in social
>>movements than in electoral politics. Think of Che Guevara, Angela
>>Davis, Malcolm X, etc.
>
>No, I think about the frumpy, anti-fashion, unsexy women who
>dominate activist cricles. The overall left isn't much better, but
>I'd argue that most leftist women are more puritanical and unsexy
>than a bevy of Catholic nuns in habits. This mostly has to do with
>the knee-jerk reaction to fashion and sexiness promoted by radical
>feminists. The thing is that I know radical feminist women who are
>incredibly sexy and attractive. The other problem with activist
>women is the preference for "earth mother" garb and frumpy, sensible
>librarian clothing. Then there is oppressive anti-sex and
>anti-sexuality aspect of activist culture. It gets to the point
>where a guy is afraid to flirt with somebody fo fear of being hauled
>off to the anti-sexism workshop/tirbunal.

Hey, Chuck0, try posting that on Infoshop.org, and see how anarchist girls will respond to you. :-0

As for "sensible librarian clothing," you aren't exactly setting a higher fashion standard than that yourself, are you? :->

Cf. Max B. Sawicky, "Chuck0 Exposed!": <http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/2000/2000-April/007428.html>. -- Yoshie

* Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>