[lbo-talk] Bachelors, Divorcees, & Frumpy Wives (Kerry: America First!)

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Fri Feb 6 12:24:24 PST 2004

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> Hey, Chuck0, try posting that on Infoshop.org, and see how anarchist
> girls will respond to you. :-0

Different forums. This is a discussion list, not a forum for the activist movement. This is like having a discussion in a bar, not some kind of prepared text for a conference or activist workshop. I think everybody appreciates how this list allows people to let their hair down.

I'm sure my comments would provoke much hostility if they were sent around certain circles. As an anarchist, I think people should dress how they want to, but the crazy thing is that in activist circles, there is this incredible fashion conformity. If I started dressing up and following fashion in GQ, how would any of the punk-looking anarchists have any ground to criticize me, since they slavishly follow a drss code that hasn't changed in over ten years?

> As for "sensible librarian clothing," you aren't exactly setting a
> higher fashion standard than that yourself, are you? :->
>
> Cf. Max B. Sawicky, "Chuck0 Exposed!":
> <http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/2000/2000-April/007428.html>.

That picture was taken 4 years ago. I've upgraded the unfashionable glasses and am making more of an effort now to be an anarchist metrosexual. ;-) This is quite the change from years of being anti-fashion.

Next up: Queer Eye for the Anarchist Guy

Chuck0