[lbo-talk] Another Courageous Guerilla Assault Does ISO and ANSWER proud

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 18 12:20:50 PST 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 12:33:21 -0500, Hari Kumar <hari.kumar at sympatico.ca> wrote:

Caption this morning in the SF Chronicle. Dynamite destroys shop selling CD's. Must have been selling pornographic DVD's!

> Read Mr Pugliese & be warned of the company that social democrats might
> keep!
> Hari:
> PS: Thx Michael Pug for the other citations on agriculture.

Heh, Hari, like you?! A Hoxhaaite or Maoist, who esp. as compared to CB, in my readings of the Alliance webpgs. and leftist_trainspotters and offlist msgs. back and forth w/ you over the yrs, is way more open to reading heterodox communists and anti-Stalinist scholars, whether from left, right or center, and autobiographical reflections and analyses from ex-Comintern and CP cadre, like Fernando Claudin, "The Communist Movement, 2 vols., Monthly Review Press, mid-70's (though CB has read the excellent Dorothy Healey autobio) than the totally hidebound dogmatists. (Not that I think the autonomist Tahir's anti-Leninism or mine, a jumble of neo-post Trotskyist [w/o the Leninism, I know not an easy marriage], left socdem neo-marxism, is ever gonna convince you.)

Others I've worked w/currently or in the past, have ranged from CCDS (ex-CPUSA), left-liberal Democrats and ex-maoists in the Jesse Jackson campaign in '88, Christian pacifists in WRL and other orgs. (like Carrol, though if he can't figure out why they put up w/ his obnoxiousness...well they're Christians!), CISPES members supporting politico-militsry orgs. that killed Roque Dalton, a Communist poet accused of being both an agent of the CIA and the KGB, by the faction around Joaquin Villalobos, some anarchists around direct action like when I helped to destroy some railroad tracks carrying munitions to El Salvador at the Concord Naval Weapons Station in '84, after Vietnam Vet, Brian Willson had his legs shorn off by a train. I could go on...

What I find depressing in this thread is that basic Popular Front 101 lessons against ultra-leftism, are never acknowledged. Bring back Comrade Dimitrov, I say.

-- Michael Pugliese