[lbo-talk] Kerry vs. Edwards

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Thu Feb 19 07:34:58 PST 2004

On Wednesday, February 18, 2004, at 05:30 PM, Joseph Wanzala quoted:

> Further, familiarity in the case of Kerry does not breed fondness. We
> have found those knowledgeable of his career to be at best apologetic
> or forgiving of a man who is clearly boring, arrogant, shifting, and
> narcissistic. On the other hand, the adjectives for Edwards by those
> who know him fall into the likable, pleasant, nice guy genre. With the
> months we still have to go, the difference is not insignificant.

Well, we ABBers seem to be pretty much stuck with our position at this point, having painted ourselves into our corner. We're down to Kerry and Edwards, neither of whom seem particularly desirable. Perhaps if the Kerry steamroller image could be dispelled, someone else might pop up, but who? We could dream about Kucinich, but why delude ourselves? He has so little political savvy that he stuck to his vegan principles and refused to eat cheese in Wisconsin!

My personal strategy for the next week will be to practice at least one-half hour each day meditating on the concept "Democrats are as bad as Republicans," until I convince myself that sitting out the election is the responsible thing to do. Then I'll go out and volunteer for the SWP. Long Live the Revo!

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A sympathetic Scot summed it all up very neatly in the remark, 'You should make a point of trying every experience once, excepting incest and folk-dancing.' -- Sir Arnold Bax