[lbo-talk] Bush expected to announce candidacy any day now

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 19 21:57:05 PST 2004

Doug wrote:-

>>If Mr. Lacny is typical of today's "new" Dumbocrats, then it
>>is they, not the Republicons, who are the real fascistic scum.
>
>Subtly argued. Very impressive. Love the clever nicknames for the parties,
>but the real winner is your point, which is....?

I would say Shane point is quite simple - something alone the lines of 'first, do no harm'. Why should ABB's cite the rail against the proscription of civil liberties only to threaten violence or tacitly approve violence against people (like Nader) exercising their constitutional rights to political action. The position that it is wrong for Nader to run because we all have to rally around Kerry is a political opinion that can be respected only as far as it also respect the right of people to articulate the position that it is more important to run a Third Party campaign. Indeed, Nader supporters have been physically attacked, and the glib attitude that ABBs have towards this mean-spiritedness in their ranks is scary.

_________________________________________________________________ Dream of owning a home? Find out how in the First-time Home Buying Guide. http://special.msn.com/home/firsthome.armx