[lbo-talk] White trash

Grant Lee grantlee at iinet.net.au
Wed Feb 25 01:22:15 PST 2004

Chris said:

> The US has a monopoly on punk?!?!? The Sex Pistols were from Kansas?
Actually there is/was a very very noisy and very > very offensive Soviet punk band dating back to around 1985, Grazhdanskaya Oborona, of which I am a fan. ("My cock is > pale like Lenin! My cock is iron like Stalin! MY COCK IS IRON LIKE STALIN!!!!")

Hehe... Punk was internationalism in action. And Wojtek might also be interested to hear that there have been many Polish punk bands, going back many years, especially Brygada Kryzys.

And from amazon.com, he could buy:

_22 Polish Punk Classics_ [IMPORT] Various Artists

Availability: Order this item used now.

Audio CD (February 11, 1998)

Label: Sonic ASIN: B00005NQBU

[5 stars] Chaos from behind the Iron Curtain, December 12, 2003

Reviewer: Conrad from San Francisco, CA Polish punk has always been one of the best punk scenes in the world. Too bad its so hard to get any CD's in the US. This record really kicks butt if you consider that these recordings are from the early 80's. Although you can't understand what they are singing about, this compilation still is great. A must have for collectors.

[4 stars] A different side of punk, February 14, 2002 Reviewer: A music fan from Struthers, OH United States This thing called punk is a funny thing. As we continue to dissect everything that has fallen out of this cultural revolution we find that it has reached areas we otherwise would have never considered. This is one of them. From the oppressed in Poland is a few licks that have a punch that we in the Western world aren't used to hearing. It's a testament to the music style really, as it sees no borders. Ksu and Dezerter are the stand out bands on this disc. I couldn't tell you 99 percent of the lyrics mean, but if these people can listen to our Western stuff and not complain about a langauge barrier well then I don't have a problem either.

http://www.amazon.com/o/dt/assoc/handle-buy-box=B00005NQBU#product-details