[lbo-talk] Tom Frank Is Wrong: It's Goodbye to Right Wing Populism (Was Howard Stern...)

mike larkin mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 26 07:20:58 PST 2004

kelley wrote:

"As for the Daily Kos link Mike forwarded, I don't know about anyone else, but the xtian culture wars are a distraction. At the same time, it's depressing and frightening that these folks can so effectively march to the same incessant beat. I do not see a light at the end of the tunnel; it's a friggin train headed our way. Splat!" kelley""

I disagree; I think this is good news for Our Side; the culture wars, with a little adroit handling, are a battle the liberals and the "left" can't lose. I'm usually Mr. Pessimism, but I think Bush has really stepped in it here.

Hopefully, Tom Frank is also wrong; it appears right wing populism is at an end.

Or maybe my anti-depressant meds are at too high a level. We'll see!