[lbo-talk] Re: Savior of Color

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sat Feb 28 10:03:32 PST 2004

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister:

> Dennis writes:
>
> > Well, I think I've read all 4,736 articles on Gibson's flick, but this,
> written by Thomas C. Mountain, is perhaps the dumbest.
>
> Why is it so dumb? The Bible describes Christ as having features such as
> "hair of wool and skin of bronze." That is not a description of a
> Caucasian. In this film Christ is portrayed as having silky brown hair
and
> blue eyes. In George Steven's The Greatest Story Ever Told, Christ is
> played by a Swede -- Max Von Sydow.
>
> This type of racial erasure is insulting and promotes racism.

The article is dumb because Mountain's "analysis" is so poor. I've nothing against the concept/fact of a Black Jesus, Brown Jesus, Your-Favorite-Pigment-Here Jesus, but Mountain ain't the guy to write about it. Plus, as I've posted before, I truly despise this "People of Color" nonsense. The absurdity of the phrase should be, I would think, immediately evident to self-styled "progressives," but, well, y'know how it goes in our grotto.

> I prefer People of Pale Skin and Mind . . .

Of course you do.

DP