[lbo-talk] Miller on Bruce

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Jan 15 08:46:39 PST 2004

Dennis Perrin wrote:

>"Surprisingly [Dennis Miller] is tougher on Lenny Bruce. 'Lenny was
>a heroin addict, and I could care less about heroin addicts,' Mr.
>Miller said. 'Once I hear a guy is a heroin addict, and they tell me
>he's a genius, I think, really? I'm not trying to be judgmental. But
>anybody whose last vision is of a tile pattern on a bathroom floor,
>I don't know what kind of genius they are.' "
>
><<http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/15/arts/television/15MILL.html>http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/15/arts/television/15MILL.html>

Yuck. What a crude moralizing creep he is. I'm so tired of this right-wing schtick, dressing up hyperconventional thinking as somehow bold and transgressive.

Miller's bombed as a talk show host before, hasn't he?

Doug -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20040115/0ee68454/attachment.htm>