[lbo-talk] Re: I'm not sorry

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Fri Jan 16 07:04:36 PST 2004

I don't think the so-called naturalistic fallacy (roughly, deriving "ought" from "is") is a fallacy at all. Where else do ethics come from? Whim? Unmotivated taste? Chomsky (who would not quite agree on abortion) would reject such emotivism in favor of ethics as a sort of universal grammar of human behavior. --CGE