[lbo-talk] neurosurveillance

jjlassen at chinastudygroup.org jjlassen at chinastudygroup.org
Fri Jan 30 15:15:28 PST 2004

Wojtek,

You wrote: "So you suggest getting rid of the entire apparatus of criminal justice system and state regulations?"

Yes.

You wrote: "Welcome to Afghanistan or Ethiopia where every brave individual with enough fire power can do as HE (never SHE) pleases."

TINA defensive complex one to TINA defensive complex two: 'need air support now!'

You wrote: "Hence I am not using much sleep over the prospect of this technology being used by the criminal justice system. This whole thing looks to me like another "campaign of fear" designed to scare up a few dollars from the already scared shitless US-ers (for more on that see Barry Glassner, _The culture of fear_)>"

Um... the technology is *already* being formally used in the criminal justice system, albeit on a very small scale. It's already funded by the CIA (and being used in counter-terrorism), and the FBI is interested. And a US senator has asked the federal government to fund further research. The fear is generated elsewhere.

jj

------------------------------------------------- This mail sent through IMP: http://horde.org/imp/