[lbo-talk] "Islamicisation" of the Iraqi insurgency

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 3 09:02:38 PDT 2004

Grant: "Drinking and whoring" seem to be quite compatible with ultra-Islamism, if the reports regarding Mohammed Atta and his colleagues are to be believed.

I guess it's part of a typical pattern of authoritarian ideologies: "do as I say, don't do as I do". ---- Moi: I suspect a lot of the "Islamicization" is actually PR aimed at where these groups get their money from. An Islamist in Chechnya, or somebody who says he's an Islamist, is going to get Jihad money a lot quicker than just a nationalist.