[lbo-talk] cosby-mouth

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Wed Jul 7 12:33:48 PDT 2004

R quotes Cynthia Tucker quoting Cosby:
>People getting shot in the back of the head over a piece of pound
>cake, and then we run out and we are outraged, saying, 'The cops shouldn't
>have shot him.' What in the hell was he doing with the pound cake in his
>hand?"

Maybe he was hungry.

In the department of oppressed people telling other members of their group to get their shit together, there's good, bad and ugly, and this is bad and ugly. Sister Souljah, for example, manages to convey a 'get our shit together' message without any of this anti-people bullcrap, and without any of the 'oh you're embarassing us' snobbery.

Jenny Brown