[lbo-talk] LBO-talk Fundrace

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 17 18:39:41 PDT 2004

Yoshie wrote:

"The socio-economic strata of people who subscribe to this kind of discussion listserv -- with the exception of me, Chuck0 (if he is still unemployed), Dennis (if his economic situation is still the same as what he talked about the last time he mentioned it), and Brian (if he is economically supporting his unemployed husband) -- would probably find it easier for them to give money than time, especially judging by what a number of subscribers have said about spending time on activism (most indicated that they didn't think they had time for that)."

This is so wierd, and so wrong, that I am not even sure how to approach it.

First of all, there are a lot of "if"'s in what you wrote above. Secondly, one of the nice things about list servs is that, generally, you are forced to debate an idea based on its merits [or lack of them], without ad hominem recourse to a speaker's economic/cultural/political background. That is, unless you start snooping around to "out" them, or something, which is something it seems you're quite ready to do -- all in defense of Nader, no less! Talk about invasive.

PS By the way, there is plenty of info on people out there that is "public record." I am not sure to what extent even info on myself is "public record." But if I started seeing it thrown in my face on this list, as a debate tactic, I would really reconsider my participation in this forum.