[lbo-talk] Left Behind: Race and the Second Amendment

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Sun Jul 18 09:33:39 PDT 2004

Way back when, I used to be a fabulous shot and was licensed to carry a gun...as a state park ranger.

I'm not actually sure about guns. I did live in a country once where only the police had guns (Romania) and it left an indelible mark on me. The army had guns too, but without bullets. When the army had target practice, every spent shell had to be accounted for. Think about it.

The fact that leftists "laugh" at the argument for guns is not so good. It's all very well not to care about power -- if you have enough of it to enjoy a comfortable life. That's what their position amounts to for me.

Joanna