[lbo-talk] Ends and Odds

rise at foord.ca rise at foord.ca
Tue Jul 20 14:53:15 PDT 2004

Hmm... I think it's best to keep profanity and personal attacks out of this so the debate remains civil and the issues themselves are addressed, not Chucky's enmity towards myself and any other anarchist who disagrees with him.

>You don't know anything about my personal life, my so-called
>"privilege," or my political views. Your purpose on this list has always

Again, we should be discussing the issues, and it's telling that you have yet to answer my pointed criticisms about the following things:

a) advocating abolition all the social safety net for poor people b) advocating abolition of health care c) advocating abolition of schools d) advocating abolition of "work" (a strikingly bourgeoise advocation)

So as a way of deflecting from the debate, you've decided to rely upon profanity and personal attack, and furthermore accusations of personal attack, to veil your non-response to critcisisms raised of your fundamentally anti-anarchist position.

Furthermore, I've never pretended to know anything or have any interest in your personal life. Rather, the references to your family estate, etc... which were in a previous email (and again, I apologize if this deflected from the objective character of the debate) were lifted directly from your personal blog, which helps demonstrate some idea of where you're "coming from" in this debate on services to poor people. Not being one of those people who has to receive those services on a daily basis, your opinion in somewhat skewed. Not being someone who has to work, your opinon on whether or not work should be abolished is also skewed. That is the point I was trying to make, nothing more, and nothing as a personal affront.

>been to attack me, because I won't let you do that on Infoshop News.

I've never attacked you on infoshop.org/inews. I consider being consistently banned from the site a mark of honour, given your character and obvious class preferences.

If people recall my previous involvement, my purpose on this list is not to "attack" you, but to defend anarchism on this list. You consistently paint an inconsistent, and sometimes blatantly dishonest, picture of anarchist politics that has nothing to do with the anarchist movement, its theory, practice, or history. A good example is your recent post about abolishing "work" and "medicare" - Far from it, anarchsits seek full employment [and, of course, social control of the means of production and distribution] and an expansion of medical care for the whole population, not just an elite few.

- paul