[lbo-talk] Re: Officials knew of voter list's race flaw

jimi ayler jimi_ayler at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 12:25:22 PDT 2004

>>Jon Johanning wrote:

>>Right on, bro'! The Repubs organized a demonstration
>>in 2000 in Florida, drawing their employees from DC,
>>etc., but the Demos, for some strange reason, acted
>>like little ladies and gentlemen.

>Because Al Gore told them to. He sent a bunch of
>angry union organizers home, and Jesse Jackson too.

>Doug

lamentable, but predictable from the dlc/"centrist" point of view. rather than challenge this outright miscarriage of electoral justice (the voter rolls purge, the police blocks in minority neighborhoods, chad-o-mania, &c., &c.), it's better to be seen as the model of restraint and probity. demanding justice is equated with providing the right with fuel for their charges of "loony left," "hate-filled," "unpatriotic" &c.

as with so much about gore and the dlc crowd, right, but for the wrong, possibly worst, reasons -- like, say, throwing over a presidential election you just won, simply because you can't/won't stare down the rabid-response flash mobs...

why don't charges of "loony," "hate-filled," "unpatriotic," (not that this is one i'm dying to claim for myself or my ideology -- dr. johnson's famous "scoundrel" bromide, and all) stick to the right-wingers demonstrably exhibiting these tendencies?

=====

I've gotta say, after hearing so much about inefficiency and incompetence in Iraq, it's amazing we actually got to sovereignty ahead of schedule. We're like the Domino's Pizza of liberation!...Does this mean we'll be bringing the troops home two days ahead of schedule?

- get your war on: http://www.mnftiu.cc/mnftiu.cc/war37.html

_____music+writing+webart+multimedia performance