[lbo-talk] Re: Officials knew of voter list's race flaw

R rhisiart at charter.net
Wed Jul 21 19:14:29 PDT 2004

but ... but ... al gore said himself in the first of his two recent fire breathin' dragon speeches:

"In December of 2000, even though I strongly disagreed with the decision by the U.S. Supreme Court to order a halt to the counting of legally cast ballots, I saw it as my duty to reaffirm my own strong belief that we are a nation of laws and not only accept the decision, but do what I could to prevent efforts to delegitimize George Bush as he took the oath of office as president."

----- Original Message ----- From: "jimi ayler" <jimi_ayler at yahoo.com> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 12:25 PM Subject: [lbo-talk] Re: Officials knew of voter list's race flaw

: >>Jon Johanning wrote:
:
: >>Right on, bro'! The Repubs organized a demonstration
: >>in 2000 in Florida, drawing their employees from DC,
: >>etc., but the Demos, for some strange reason, acted
: >>like little ladies and gentlemen.
:
: >Because Al Gore told them to. He sent a bunch of
: >angry union organizers home, and Jesse Jackson too.
:
: >Doug
:
: lamentable, but predictable from the dlc/"centrist"
: point of view. rather than challenge this outright
: miscarriage of electoral justice (the voter rolls
: purge, the police blocks in minority neighborhoods,
: chad-o-mania, &c., &c.), it's better to be seen as the
: model of restraint and probity. demanding justice is
: equated with providing the right with fuel for their
: charges of "loony left," "hate-filled," "unpatriotic"
: &c.
:
: as with so much about gore and the dlc crowd, right,
: but for the wrong, possibly worst, reasons -- like,
: say, throwing over a presidential election you just
: won, simply because you can't/won't stare down the
: rabid-response flash mobs...
:
: why don't charges of "loony," "hate-filled,"
: "unpatriotic," (not that this is one i'm dying to
: claim for myself or my ideology -- dr. johnson's
: famous "scoundrel" bromide, and all) stick to the
: right-wingers demonstrably exhibiting these
: tendencies?
:
:
: =====
:
: ________________________________james keepnews
:
: I've gotta say, after hearing so much about inefficiency and
: incompetence in Iraq, it's amazing we actually got to
: sovereignty ahead of schedule. We're like the Domino's
: Pizza of liberation!...Does this mean we'll be bringing the
: troops home two days ahead of schedule?
:
: - get your war on: http://www.mnftiu.cc/mnftiu.cc/war37.html
:
: _____music+writing+webart+multimedia performance
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
: Do you Yahoo!?
: Yahoo! Mail Address AutoComplete - You start. We finish.
: http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail