[lbo-talk] Juan Cole: al Qaeda, Iran and Bush's gathering attack

Todd Archer todda39 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 22 11:32:08 PDT 2004

Michael quoted:

>http://www.juancole.com/2004_07_01_juancole_archive.html#109034417600472498
>
> Wednesday, July 21, 2004
>
> Iran in Bush's Sights
>
> The same techniques used to get up the Iraq war are now being applied
> by the political Right in the United States, including President Bush,
> to Iran. These include innuendo, guilt by association, vague fears,
> and hyped capabilities. If Bush gets a second term, it seems very
> likely that his administration will make war on Iran.

Hmmm. I wonder how this is going to play out in Canada. A fair amount of space has been given over to the trial of the accused murderer of Zahra Kazemi:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/kazemi/

I can see Harper and his ilk whipping up a head of outrage for BushCo.

Todd

_________________________________________________________________ Take charge with a pop-up guard built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen Technology http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines

Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.