[lbo-talk] Wages in Iraq?

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Thu Jul 22 16:12:42 PDT 2004

Why would your post not be appropriate?

A few references in F911 suggests that the pay is enormous. A solider is shown complaining that the private contractors who do his job get five times the wage or something.

The problem for me is not that the grunts (who are risking their lives) get a lot of money. The problem for me is that 1) this war is a crime against humanity and 2) the people who hire the grunts make a hundred or a thousand more than the grunts.

But that's class warfare as usual...

Joanna