[lbo-talk] dead people voting

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Jul 23 20:55:51 PDT 2004

heh.

--forwarded Chicago isn't the only place where dead people vote:

BEGIN EXCERPT Louise R. Kilcullen knew the end was near, so the 86-year-old Alexandria woman, who died last Wednesday, made sure she voted by absentee ballot in the 2004 presidential election (we have it on good authority she cast her vote for President George W. Bush).

"She was kidding around . . . in the hospital that she wouldn't be around on November 2, and she wanted to make sure she voted before she died," the Rev. Dennis Kleinmann, pastor of St. Mary's Catholic Church in Old Town Alexandria, tells The Beltway Beat.

"I'm not sure about the [voting] guidelines if a person dies before [Election Day], but she did vote," the priest reveals. We also have it on good authority that Kilcullen - a widow and loving mother of four children, seven grand-children and four great-grandchildren - requested that a "Bush-Cheney 2004" bumper sticker be attached to her coffin during her funeral services.

"It did not happen in church," stresses Kleinmann, forbidding church and state to merge to such a degree in the hallowed sanctuary of Virginia's oldest Catholic church.

"However," the priest confirms, "when the coffin was pulled from the hearse at the cemetery and carried to the burial space, it did have a Bush bumper sticker on it."

In fact, the amused Kleinmann tells us, the bumper sticker was glued to the end of the casket where he stood to recite the burial rites - "staring me in the face," he laughs. "She was buried with the bumper sticker."

Federal Election Commission spokesman Ian Stirton says the case of Kilcullen is indeed "an unusual one," and seemed relieved that the FEC has no say in such matters.

We'll similarly leave it to a higher authority.

END EXCERPT

<http://www.townhall.com/columnists/johnmccaslin/jm20040723.shtml>

--backwarded

"We're in a fucking stagmire."