[lbo-talk] North Korea goes online

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Wed Jul 28 06:55:44 PDT 2004

On Jul 27, 2004, at 8:06 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> I used to know a guy who did translations for Matsushita in the 80s.
> He'd render the manuals in perfect English, but his bosses would
> insist on "correcting" his work.

Precisely. Japanese-to-English translators (i.e., native English speakers) who work for Japanese clients run into this all the time -- that's why they've all long since torn their hair out. Naturally, in the Japanese business world, the boss is always right.

Fortunately, working in the U.S. for American clients, I don't have this problem.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A sympathetic Scot summed it all up very neatly in the remark, 'You should make a point of trying every experience once, excepting incest and folk-dancing.' -- Sir Arnold Bax