[lbo-talk] O'Reilly v. Moore - 2

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Wed Jul 28 07:50:29 PDT 2004

(cont'd)

O: Would you? That's my next question. Would you sacrifice yourself to remove the Taliban?

M: I would be willing to sacrifice my life to track down the people that killed 3,000 people on our soil.

O: Al Qeada was given refuge by the Taliban.

M: But we didn't go after them-did we?

O: We removed the Taliban and killed three quarters of Al Qeada.

M: That's why the Taliban are still killing our soldiers there.

O: OK, well look you cant kill everybody. You wouldn't have invaded Afghanistan-you wouldn't have invaded Afghanistan, would you?

M: No, I would have gone after the man that killed 3,000 people.

O: How?

M: As Richard Clarke says, our special forces were prohibited for two months from going to the area that we believed Osama was-

O: Why was that?

M: That's my question.

O: Because Pakistan didn't want its territory of sovereignty violated.

M: Not his was in Afghanistan, on the border, we didn't go there. He got a two month head start.

O: Alright, you would not have removed the Taliban. You would not have removed that government?

M: No, unless it is a threat to us.

O: Any government? Hitler, in Germany, not a threat to us the beginning but over there executing people all day long-you would have let him go?

M: That's not true. Hitler with Japan, attacked the United States.

O: Before-from 33-until 41 he wasn't an imminent threat to the United States.

M: There's a lot of things we should have done.

O: You wouldn't have removed him.

M: I wouldn't have even allowed him to come to power.

O: That was a preemption from Michael Moore-you would have invaded.

M: If we'd done our job, you want to get into to talking about what happened before WWI, woah, I'm trying to stop this war right now.

O: I know you are but-

M: Are you against that? Stopping this war?

O: No we cannot leave Iraq right now, we have to-

M: So you would sacrifice your child to secure Fallujah? I want to hear you say that.

O: I would sacrifice myself-

M: Your child-Its Bush sending the children there.

O: I would sacrifice myself.

M: You and I don't go to war, because we're too old-

O: Because if we back down, there will be more deaths and you know it.

M: Say 'I Bill O'Reilly would sacrifice my child to secure Fallujah'

O: I'm not going to say what you say, you're a, that's ridiculous

M: You don't believe that. Why should Bush sacrifice the children of people across America for this?

O: Look it's a worldwide terrorism-I know that escapes you-

M: Wait a minute, terrorism? Iraq?

O: Yes. There are terrorist in Iraq.

M: Oh really? So Iraq now is responsible for the terrorism here?

O: Iraq aided terrorist-don't you know anything about any of that?

M: So you're saying Iraq is responsible for what?

O: I'm saying that Saddam Hussein aided all day long.

M: You're not going to get me to defend Saddam Hussein.

O: I'm not? You're his biggest defender in the media.

M: Now come on.

O: Look, if you were running he would still be sitting there.

M: How do you know that?

O: If you were running the country, he'd still be sitting there.

M: How do you know that?

O: You wouldn't have removed him.

M: Look let me tell you something in the 1990s look at all the brutal dictators that were removed. Things were done, you take any of a number of countries whether its Eastern Europe, the people rose up. South Africa the whole world boycotted---

O: When Reagan was building up the arms, you were against that.

M: And the dictators were gone. Building up the arms did not cause the fall of Eastern Europe.

O: Of course it did, it bankrupted the Soviet Union and then it collapsed.

M: The people rose up.

O: why? Because they went bankrupt.

M: the same way we did in our country, the way we had our revolution. People rose up-

O: Alright alright.

M:--that's how you, let me ask you this question.

O: One more.

M: How do you deliver democracy to a country? You don't do it down the barrel of a gun. That's not how you deliver it.

O: You give the people some kind of self-determination, which they never would have had under Saddam-

M: Why didn't they rise up?

O: Because they couldn't, it was a Gestapo-led place where they got their heads cut off-

M: well that's true in many countries throughout the world__

O: It is, it's a shame-

M:--and you know what people have done, they've risen up. You can do it in a number of ways . You can do it our way through a violent revolution, which we won, the French did it that way. You can do it by boycotting South Africa, they overthrew the dictator there. There's many ways-

O: I'm glad we've had this discussion because it just shows you that I see the world my way, you see the world your way, alright-and the audience is watching us here and they can decide who is right and who is wrong and that's the fair way to do it. Right?

M: Right, I would not sacrifice my child to secure Fallujah and you would?

O: I would sacrifice myself.

M: You wouldn't send another child, another parents child to Fallujah, would you? You would sacrifice your life to secure Fallujah?

O: I would.

M: Can we sign him up? Can we sign him up right now?

O: That's right.

M: Where's the recruiter?

O: You'd love to get rid of me.

M: No I don't want-I want you to live. I want you to live.

O: I appreciate that. Michael Moore everybody. There he is.