[lbo-talk] Fw: Greg Palast: Bye-Bye Ronnie Reagan -- Killer, Coward, Conman

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Tue Jun 8 20:51:38 PDT 2004

>John Lacny wrote:
>
>>This is why it is so irritating for Munson to be
>>making this argument. He is using it as justification
>>for sitting on his ass and doing nothing to actually
>>make it happen, as if it were all up to the Fates, and as if Missouri
>>(where he lives) were not a swing state.
>
>Uh, Lacny, I'm an anarchist, so I'll be busy with our national anti-voting
>campaigns.
>
>I'm merely sharing my opinions as an outsider who follows American
>politics. If you want to make sure Bush is defeated, that is up to you. I
>really don't care who is elected, because it won't have any impact on my
>activism, projects, or long term goals.
>
>Whoever you vote for in November, the capitalists win.
>
>Chuck0

I thought you lived in Kansas, not Missouri. Doesn't matter. While not voting is up to you and I certainly couldn't care less if you vote or not how can you say it doesn't matter to you? Who the President is doesn't have some affect on your activism, projects, or long term goals? The long term goals I can understand but how are your projects and activism not affected? Who is President does determine how some things in the real world are shaped. That information has to be used to determine specific strategies and projects unless of course you operate in a vacuum and don't do anything of any merit. Seems like a rather silly statement.

John Thornton