[lbo-talk] Canada (was Fw: Greg Palast: Bye-Bye Ronnie Reagan -- Killer, Coward, Conman

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Thu Jun 10 15:27:34 PDT 2004

On Thursday, June 10, 2004, at 11:03 AM, snit snat wrote:

> Please, please, please pretty please huh huh huh?! Canadians.
> Australians. Please tell us how we can get the fuck outta dodge. I see
> Shrub winning this fall. Around here, people just shrug and say,
> "Iraq? So? Just a bunch of kids got out of hand. I'm sick and tired of
> the America bashing. Everyone wants us to grovel for forgiveness.
> Fuck'm. We need to stand proud, just like Raygun showed us!"

Well, polls don't mean much this early, but they seem to be showing Kerry ahead, even with Ralph in.

Besides, I see Canada and Australia as being fairly conservative in the near future -- not as bad as Shrub & Co., but not places I'd particularly want to try to become a naturalized citizen in. And I hate moving more than just about anything else. I'd rather just stay put -- until they come to throw me into the cattle car, for my last trip (just kidding -- I'm not a "conspiracy theorist").

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A gentleman haranguing on the perfection of our law, and that it was equally open to the poor and the rich, was answered by another, 'So is the London Tavern.' -- "Tom Paine's Jests..." (1794); also attr. to John Horne Tooke (1736-1812) by Hazlitt