[lbo-talk] Canada (was Fw: Greg Palast: Bye-Bye Ronnie Reagan -- Killer, Coward, Conman

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Jun 12 09:30:14 PDT 2004

At 06:27 PM 6/10/2004, Jon Johanning wrote:
>On Thursday, June 10, 2004, at 11:03 AM, snit snat wrote:
>
>>Please, please, please pretty please huh huh huh?! Canadians.
>>Australians. Please tell us how we can get the fuck outta dodge. I see
>>Shrub winning this fall. Around here, people just shrug and say, "Iraq?
>>So? Just a bunch of kids got out of hand. I'm sick and tired of the
>>America bashing. Everyone wants us to grovel for forgiveness. Fuck'm. We
>>need to stand proud, just like Raygun showed us!"
>
>Well, polls don't mean much this early, but they seem to be showing Kerry
>ahead, even with Ralph in.
>
>Besides, I see Canada and Australia as being fairly conservative in the
>near future -- not as bad as Shrub & Co., but not places I'd particularly
>want to try to become a naturalized citizen in. And I hate moving more
>than just about anything else. I'd rather just stay put -- until they come
>to throw me into the cattle car, for my last trip (just kidding -- I'm not
>a "conspiracy theorist").

you don't live in the limpdick. :(

I see the poll numbers and I see some evidence that more votes will result in an EC win, but I'm living in limpdick where we are being blasted with the negative campaign. And Kerry's just a massive fuckhead. When he folded recently about accepting the nomination later than planned... What a clown. Man up. Thses conservatives that railed for 4 days about that, and commentators who accused the democrats of being uniquely driven by money... Man the FUCK UP. These people aren't going to vote for your sorry ass anyway, so who cares what they think. The more he folds, the more they realize they can make him fold.

With recent events, I observe people who are more and more critical of shrub, just not people critical enough to vote against him. Worse, the constant barrage of anti-liberalism is just out of control. How did it happen? How did it happen that being anything to the left of Joe Lieberman makes you somehow the enemy. I know how it happened; it's a rhetorical question. I'm justdamn sick of the tenor of political discourse in this country. Dayum sick of it. It has got to be better someplace else.

As soon as I can, I'm outta here and I'm going to hit everyone up as part of my job search network. Keep an eye out for me! :)

I was talking with deb, offlist, about Houston. Like Deb, I return from a day working with and interacting with people and I cling, desperately, to every piece of news that tells me that pigfucker and gang will be humiliated for their excesses this fall.

In limpdick, you constantly come up against the wall of "don't tell me bad things I don't wanna hear it" ignorance. It is as thick and heavy as the wall of humidity that hits you, even at 2 a.m., When you leave your air-conditioned abode. There's no reprieve, not even when the clouds finally split open. In limpdick, when it rains, it steams.

Bleak. Yep deb, you said bleak. It's bleak in limpdick and bleaker still, it seems some days, holed up in the oozing sore on the underside of limpdick where all the fermunda cheese gathers.

It is as bleak as the bumper sticker that I saw yesterday, "Make love AND war". There it was, right next to the ubiquitous fish. On the other end of the bumper? A sticker that said, "No jesus, no peace. Know jesus, know peace." If dead guy on stick lovers can't take some Goo Gone to that embarrassing "Make Love AND War" sticker after this fiasco, it's bleak.

Bleakity bleakity bleak.

Keep the good news and reports from the less bleak areas of the country rolling in. I'm clinging to it right next to Deb and Budge in TexASS.

Kelley

"We're in a fucking stagmire."

--Little Carmine, 'The Sopranos'