[lbo-talk] Ronnie's very timely death

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Sat Jun 12 08:47:12 PDT 2004

On Friday, June 11, 2004, at 11:32 AM, Chuck0 wrote:

> NPR deserves to be defunded and burnt to the ground. Their constant
> hagioigraphy of Ronald Reagan has been insufferable. I hate to say it,
> but I hope that Air America decimates the already low ratings for NPR.

The NPR folks seem to be fools for state pageantry, state funerals, and all that folderol. I don't think they are such devoted Ronnie worshippers; they just love all that solemn music and marching, the boots backward in the stirrups, and all that crap. If Hitler had died of natural causes and had a state funeral, and they were around, they probably would have blubbered their way through it, too. And trying very hard to be balanced: "Many Germans called Adolf 'the Great Communicator' and admired his way with children and dogs, but coming up: a spokesperson from those who had a darker view of 'the Leader.' "

Same thing with anything having to do with space. Whenever there's any kind of space shot, they drop everything and stand around oohing and aahing like so many 6th graders.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ After the Buddha died, people still kept pointing to his shadow in a cave for centuries—an enormous, dreadful shadow. God is dead: but the way people are, there may be, for millennia, caves in which his shadow is still pointed to. — And we — we must still overcome his shadow! —Friedrich Nietzsche