[lbo-talk] Canada (was Fw: Greg Palast: Bye-Bye Ronnie Reagan --Killer, Coward, Conman

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Jun 12 11:26:44 PDT 2004

At 01:35 PM 6/12/2004, Carrol Cox wrote:

>snit snat wrote:
> >
> > At 06:27 PM 6/10/2004, Jon Johanning wrote:
> >
> > >And I hate moving more
> > >than just about anything else. I'd rather just stay put -- until they come
> > >to throw me into the cattle car, for my last trip (just kidding -- I'm not
> > >a "conspiracy theorist").
> >
> > you don't live in the limpdick. :(
> >
>[clip]
> >
> > As soon as I can, I'm outta here and I'm going to hit everyone up as part
> > of my job search network. Keep an eye out for me! :)
>
>Pish! I seldom agree with Jon, but he speaks for me here.
>
>And it is not 1932. The U.S. is not Germany (though from the perspective
>of the rest of the world it's been worse than Germany for several
>decades now). The U.S. capitalist class simply doesn't need and in fact
>would suffer from a coup.
>
>Carrol

you blame me for wanting to get out of a state i hate and have hated since 6 months after moving here, to move to another area of this country? i'd like to move to canada, france, australia, or the u.k. i'm tired of living in clutural tundras and i'm tired of the u.s. my hopes of moving abroad, however, are unlikely, so i'll settle for something less cultural-tundra-like.

you come down here and listen to this crap. i can't even read e-mail from workmates without reading snarling comments about liberals. i shit you not!

one of my workmates was whining at me yesterday b/c he wants to get the Dean campaign folks to work with us. When they found out he had an online presence that identified him as a conservative, they said no way. they refused to work with us if our marketing dude publicly identified as conservative. not even if it meant they didn't make money with this deal marketing dude was offering.

marketing dude learned that i'd been working on a side project for someone with lefty politics. OH? Do you understand how these liberals think? he asks. Maybe you can figure this out? What he wanted to know was why, when he approached some Dean folks about a business opp, they turned him down when they discovered he'd identified as a conservative on some web site somewhere.

well, maybe because your business opp sucked. or maybe they'd rather give their business to someone politically aligned with them. I mean, afterall, he was approaching them about the success with the Internet, so maybe they use a different way of doing business than he's used to. Myaybe the figured that he was just so hogwild crazy about identifying as a conservative, so fucking sure that it couldn't possibly be a liability in the market place, the dean folks thought marketing dude deserved to get a little cold water thrown in his face. If I were a Dean person, I wouldn't work with him, especially since Dean folks probably are acutely aware that they dare not advertise THEIR politics online if they were in the marketing business.

but somehow, it's perfectly accceptable to advertise your conservative politics in the marketing biz and be SURPRISED when you suffer for it. he just can't get it. he can't be bothered to get outside of his own skin and think for a minute. a guy who values his catholic school, jesuit=like training and tolerance. because it's something special to be tolerant of liberals doncha know.

I'm sick to death of these people. Every loving minute I have to psych them out and figure out what they think. I have to constantly do translation work. These guys, they just get to sit around and assume their view of the world is right, good, true, and beautiful and no one could possibly disagree. and if they do, they must be crazy or stupid or enemies of the state.

yes, yes, i know things will not improve elsewhere. the grass is always greener. so, excuse me while i vent and while i envy places where you do not see freaking jesus fish and republican party bumper stickers everywhere.

kelley

"We're in a fucking stagmire."

--Little Carmine, 'The Sopranos'