[lbo-talk] Re: Bush and his God

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 14 07:30:12 PDT 2004

He is not talking about the physical self. He is talking about the metaphysical subject. Read some Hume.

Bill Bartlett <billbartlett at dodo.com.au> wrote:At 9:13 AM -0400 14/6/04, BklynMagus wrote:

>Bill asked about not existing.
>
>I have posted several times on what I mean. If you check the
>archives you will be able to find it.

Saw it, made no sense to me, thought you might be able to re-phrase it. Or had maybe thought about it some more. Still makes no sense to me to claim that people don't exist.

>Also, any good site on Buddhist thought/philosophy and the concept
>of no-self will do just as well (and probably even better).

Life is too short to spend it trying to understand why some people claim that we don't physically exist. There are far more interesting delusions and frankly its all I can do to keep up with the real world. Obviously you don't even understand it yourself, or you'd be able to explain it.