[lbo-talk] Vatican: Okay to Vote for Pro-Abortion Politician

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Sat Jun 26 18:06:34 PDT 2004

>And I believe evangelicals are outnumbered by Catholics, who amount to
>nearly a quarter of the electorate, and form a greater percentage in some
>of the Northeastern and Midwestern swing states, as well as the growing
>Latino vote in the Southwest.
>
>-- Jim Cullen

I was referring to evangelicals outnumbering Catholics in the numbers of individuals who vote almost exclusively pro-life candidates. Many Catholics are obviously pro-life but it seems to have less effect on their voting preferences than for evangelicals who hold strong pro-life views.

John Thornton