[lbo-talk] Emma v Ralph

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 24 06:57:04 PST 2004

What Dennis said. I was just using the word in a broad sense, to mean what we most ought to do and be, whatever that is. Incidentally I had a colleague at Ohio State, Richard Garner, who wrote a book, Against Moralirt, taking your line, saying that what we ought to do is to be nice to one another, but "morality" was a bad thing that actually got in the way of that. Despite a certain amount of New Ageyness, it was pretty good. You might like it, Doug. jks